Telephone: (424) 228-4133      Fax: (310) 751-6613      Address: 12100 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 800 Los Angeles, CA 90025      Email: Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q (424) 228-4133 Brian J. Kramer, P.C.
About  |  Questionnaire | Attorney Bios |  FAQ  |  Disclaimer  |  Blog  |  Contact
Frequently Asked Question: Can spousal support be  modified or waived through a prenuptial agreement? Premarital Agreements We specialize in representing clients in Southern California entering into premarital agreements.    Getting Started To get started, please fill out  our client intake questionnaire. Get The Answers Get Started Now
Frequently Asked Questions          After marriage can we amend or modify our prenuptial agreement? Answer:  After marriage, a premarital agreement may be amended or revoked, but only by a written agreement that is signed by both parties.  Unlike other consumer contracts in California there is no "grace period" after a prenuptial agreement is signed in which one of the parties may cancel or back out of it. In other words, after a prenuptial agreement is signed by the parties prior to marriage, unless both of the parties subsequently agree to modify, revise or terminate it in writing, it will be final and binding on the spouses. While after marriage a prenuptial agreement may be modified or revoked, the parties should consult with experienced family law counsel.   After marriage, the law imposes a fiduciary obligation on spouses, and courts therefore will strictly scrutinize any modifications made to a premarital agreement.   Accordingly, if you wish to revise or modify your premarital agreement after marriage it is essential that experienced family law counsel represent you and your spouse to assure your intended modifications will be effective.